Monday, July 5, 2010

The Weight Loss Battle Is Won Or Lost In the Mind

I never thought that a weight loss problem would ever be an issue with me. I worked at hard labour jobs that kept me fit and stayed at 145 pounds until I hit 30 years of age. At that time I learned about computers and turned from hard labour jobs to sitting on my behind teaching others how to become proficient with their computer and software.

After 20 years of teaching I had gained 60 pounds of extra weight, a real strain on my heart. I saw that I was gaining weight but was just too busy making money and having fun to really care.

I also knew of the fact the males in our family line never lived to see 50. I even had two brothers die from heart attacks, one at age 21 and the other at age 47, but I still did nothing. I had that immortal mindset and figured it would never happen to me. Well I was wrong and at age 47 I had a major heart attack that wasn't fixable.

It took me 4 years of walking and taking meds to stay alive but I survived. I even lost a little bit of weight but later found that I was gaining fat while losing muscle, so I was still doing myself harm.

Now It's Time For A Healthy Weight Loss Program

I am already doing a weight loss step that is beneficial and that is walking daily. Now it's just a matter of eating properly and starting an exercise program that won't kill me but will help me gain muscle back and increase weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment